Monday, June 18, 2018

Life is a Roller Coaster...hang on baby! Here we go!

You have no idea how complicated life can get until you have little kids. I feel like everyday is a chess match of figuring out play dates, school drop-offs, after dinner activities, laundry (oh the freaking laundry). I feel like I need a schedule for my schedule. Seriously! I'm not the most organized person, or at all. So leaving these kiddos in my hands...what are you guys thinking?!?

We had a crazy month of August with lots of travel. Paul HAD to be gone every weekday in the month of August for work and training. He's got home after midnight on 3 of 4 friday's (although the last one was technically thursday because we're about to be hit with Hurricane Harvey and his generous boss let him switch his flight). Thank God! Hurricane Harvey hit hard and devastated a good deal of Houston. We are so blessed to only be dealing with a small roof leak, while others are having to renovate/rid down huge parts of their homes. It's so sad and I can't even imagine the feeling of loss.

Today I am 28 weeks preggo with little Tim-Buck-2 and in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. This pregnancy has not only been the HARDEST on me physically (nauseous/crappy feeling the first 16-18wks) but also taken the most emotional toll on me as well. I'm worried about the pregnancy and everything going ok constantly. I'm even ANNOYING myself about it. However, last week at my anatomy ultrasound we received some news that kind of has me worried! I have what's called "two cord" or "two vessel" meaning the umbilical cord to the baby only formed two vessels vs the 3 normal ones that the other 99% of pregnancies have. As my doctor has told me, "it's probably nothing"; however, it could mean some not so nice things that I don't even want to discuss. I've been reassured by friends and family that this is not something to overly worry myself about.  

Lainey is 2 1/2 and so smart and independent. I don't think she's quite ready to be a big sister and not be the baby. We're trying to prepare her for it and encouraging her independence, especially around bedtime. Encouraging her, even when she takes off the top to my prenatal pills and ate some. She told us the truth and we were lenient. Haha

Norah is 4 1/2 and crosses back and forth between being a teenager and being a freaking angel child. She started ballet a few weeks ago and is growing into a beautiful little girl. She is not as cuddly as mommy wants sometimes but she seriously has a heart of gold.  

They are going to K2 and I think everyone is in love with it. Mommy gets her free time to work and take care of a growing business and never-ending house work. The girls get educational activities and play-time in an awesome gym. Norah is learning spanish in school and I'm impressed with how much she is learning. "Mom, do you know how to say triangle in spanish? ....triangulo" <said flawlessly> But what Paul and I love most about their school is what amazing teachers they have! Their teachers care about them, as if they were their own kiddos. I couldn't' say more wonderful things about the sense of family and warmth this place brings me. I love them!

Our house renovation is going strong. We almost have an upstairs in our house! WHAT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment