Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Wedding Planning...thus far

Well with our wedding less than 9 months away there is still a laundry list of to-do's! And while I loathe laundry I haven't pulled my hair out and have managed to enjoy most of the process thus far...

I never knew that it could be so labor-intensive and stressful to plan out your special day. To consider so many things...who to put on the guest list, colors, flower choices, when, how, where...so much planning! But for Paul and I this is a 'Celebration of our Love', cheesy or not ;), and we love that we get to share these moments with our family and close friends!

Scrambling my eggs currently:

  • picking a caterer

  • picking colors (although I think it's going to be purple..with a hint of red)
  • taking engagement pictures (although we've finally scheduled a session for Mar 12th...yay)
  • sharing in the adventure with those around us
  • continuing to live your own life
  • make sure you save money while still having fun
AHH! Oh yeah and my personal goal of studying for the CPA exam...let's see how much more we can jam-pack into a year! Maybe I should just go stand behind a donkey and speed up the end result a bit! ;)

I went to the Austin Bridal Extravaganza a few weekends ago. The whole experience was pretty intense...lots of vendors, lots of "we have the best deals" but overall it was great to share the experience with my mom, older sister and best friend thinking and talking about the BIG day! I did think it was hilarious to watch grown women screaming at the top of their lungs during the 'fashion show' like they were at a Ricky Martin concert though.

I guess that's what makes me the happiest about the whole experience is just that you get to involve so many different people in your life and share the experience with them! We all forget too soon in this crazy, hectic world we live in how valuable our relationships with others are sometimes. Planning has brought me close to so many people. Like our relationship in general I am grateful for the experience! & trying desperately not to turn into a BRIDEZILLA in the process! Uggg...I can't stand those women!

I'm sure this wedding planning will throw a lot more ups and downs at us...but we've got fly-swatters in hand and ready to attack! ;)

P.S. Any money saving tips...bring 'em! I'm all for more money in our pockets at the end of this for a honeymoon! Wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am the worse at saving money. :o) I am so happy for you, Kali!

    ReplyDelete