Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Why are Mom posts so annoying???

I feel like I have developed into the over-sharer when it comes to my kids. Every coo and smile, every major milestone and development warrants an all out hissy fit slash "awwwwww" to follow. I wonder if I'm getting on anyone's nerves every now and again...and then I say 'oh well' and post yet another cutesy photo and status about my two little ones.




But why? Why do we all do this as parents?

Because 90% of the time we're cleaning grapes, goldfish, PB&J's etc. off the floor, washing yet another sippy cup, changing the 14th diaper of the day, yada yada yada. The mundane, the monotonous...the things that make you want to drink the night away. Quite literally ;)


So, the other 10% of the time, when our children are model kiddos. Behaved, clean, well-mannered...and we as parents feel like we have our $hit together. We like to give ourselves a pat on the back. A kudos. A way for others to reach out and share in that kudos, so that we don't pull all of our hair out the next time we get poop on our hand, clean up pee off the floor and wash that 'I'm gonna throw up' sippy cup we found underneath of our kids crib because she's learned how to throw, and when it's empty it becomes a hand grenade. 




So for all of you folks who haven't caught the 'my kids are awesome. everything they do is wonderful bug' God Bless you for listening to us when we do go on a rant about our kiddos and how cute, wonderful and special they are. =)


So just to prove my point, here's some more cutesy pics of my little ones ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment