Friday, November 16, 2012

Baby bump & move


Yesterday I had one of the most amazing things to happen thus far in the pregnancy, other than finding out we were expecting. It happened yesterday at work when I felt our little girl move for the first time!

There have been other times that I might have felt a little somethin'-somethin' but I wasn't sure it was anything other than just gas... ;) BUT I know I felt her yesterday while I was sitting at my desk at work. It was about 12 seconds of pure excitement for me! I didn't have to wait to see her on a television screen while having an ultrasound or listening for her heartbeat on a Doppler machine. I could feel her little feet or arms or something moving away inside me like I was her own little jungle gym. Paul and I have already gotten to see her a little crazy & jumping around. It was at our ultrasound to determine if she had Turner's or Down Syndrome...so you would think there would have been a more somber mood but all anyone could here outside the ultrasound room was Paul and I laughing as we watched our little gherkin jumping with her arms flailing about. I guess she was excited about her legs...lol. Paul said "I guess we've got a little soccer player on our hands". :)

Life with baby is totally coming alive in full force! Next step: find a way to share it with my Paulie in a similar way I get to experience her! He so desperately wants to feel her move.

The idea that he wants to be a part of it among other things is so exciting to feel. I guess when you're not expecting, you of course think about how a baby will change both you & your spouses life. BUT when you are pregnant you get to share in the miracle of your pregnancy with your spouse and I've been so wonderfully blessed to have an absolutely amazing man that has been there hand in hand through everything and dying to help & share in each wonderful moment together. I love seeing him rub and talk to 'the belly'. Soooo cute! He's the foreman at our house guiding our big cleanings and reorganization projects. I love it!

Here's a sneak peak at the nursery changes going on...
                                                                         ...many more changes to come!

...so at 5 & 1/2 months I finally feel like a fairy that's gotten her wings! I finally got a little baby bump & I'm really loving it! I finally feel like it's proof to the outside world that our little girl is in there...living it up! Quite literally! 

It's also caused the NEED for maternity pants. My belly has finally pushed its way out of my 'regular' pants. But ohhhh weeee, maternity pants are super comfy! I don't know if I'll ever go back to 'regular' again. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment