Sunday, March 25, 2012

Surgery note to family & friends

Hola everyone,

Hope everyone is having a relaxing sunday. We are trying to "live" it up on the couch, watching tv and just hanging out on my last day before surgery. Paul is making me dumplings for dinner for my last 'real' meal for a few days...yum!

Surgery is a scary notion but it's what MUST be done! I've been in so much pain the last few days and popping pain pills every 12 hours or so to be in a tolerable mood for Paulie.

It's a relatively simple surgery, as surgeries go, so I'll be in and out tomorrow morning.The surgery will be done laparoscopically (try to say that one 5 times fast) so they'll only have to make a few small incisions to cut that stinkin' gallbladder out. Recovery time is quick, about 2 days, and then (according to the doc) I'll be ready for anything a few weeks after that. Thank goodness because we are going to Costa Rica with or without that gallbladder. Lol. It seems that I'll have to change my diet up for a few weeks (possibly months) in order to let my body adjust to not having an additional 'filter' for my food. It seems I'll have the most trouble with digesting fatty foods, high sugar content items & alcohol. Shouldn't be too hard of a change. Just looking forward to no more pain!   

We'll be up and at the hospital at 5AM...yippee! So needless to say it'll be a long day for us here at the St. Pierre household so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Paul will let everyone know how I'm doing...it's a husband's job, right? ;)

Love Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment